We have record employment in the UK, and we discussed the nuance of those numbers here.
This latest research from Monster also tells us more about the high levels of dissatisfaction that UK workers are experiencing.
Many of us are spending our lives in work we want to leave.
How long have you left it to leave a job you wanted to quit?
What made it hard to change jobs?
Stories in comments please.
From the recent Monster survey of 2000 UK workers:
– 52% want to quit their jobs
– nearly 80% admitted to staying in a job they’ve wanted to leave for up to two years.
Why people want to quit?
The main reasons are:
– wanting more money
– looking for a new challenge
– lacking opportunities for progression
– being bored
Why do people stay even though they want to leave?
Reasons cited were:
– liking their team
– lack of confidence
– lack of time
– fear they don’t have enough experience
– worries about the interview processes